Following last month’s successful mission to Luguloire Terry is about to set off for Africa for the fifteenth year running!
He says: My primary purpose is to host a working retreat with the evangelistic team to review all the missions we have recently undertaken, and to see what the Lord has to say about finding new ways to be still more effective in the future. We will be planning new missions right through until early 2017.
The last part of my visit will be spent visiting some of the many places, ministries, families and projects which Mission Africa has the privilege of supporting. This will include the commissioning and dedication of two churches that were built with funds provided by Mission Africa supporters following missions there. A primary school now numbering 500 children has developed out of one of the churches (Gomba). This has met a great need as the nearest school had previously been seven miles away.
Amongst the issues that I will be addressing is the fact that Steven Trint’s wing of the work has taken a huge hit. Their principal American sponsor has had to massively reduce their support, and as a result Steve is having to reduce the school student number from 1200 to 600 in one of his schools, along with a corresponding number of teachers. This is obviously deeply upsetting for all concerned. We must certainly pray against a spirit of rejection settling on the 600 who suddenly find themselves deprived of schooling (or any sense of complacency or superiorty on the part of those who continue).
As you will see, my itinerary will be packed. Please pray that the Lord keeps us strong and healthy, and makes strategic use of every part of this three-week visit.
- Tues 9th June Dep Jersey
- Wed 10th Dep Heathrow > Entebbe
- Thurs / Fri 11- 12th planning/budgets with Steve
- Sat 13th pm travel to Gomba
- Sun14th am Dedication of Pastor Mathias’ church in Gomba pm return to Kampala
- Mon- Fri 15th -19th TEAM TIME at Focus Retreat Centre by Lake Victoria
- Sat 20th am Discussions with Steve pm Travel to Nakaseke
- Sun 21st Dedication of Pastor Morris’ church in Luwero
- Mon 22nd– Wed 24th Discussions with Daniel Kato – Visits to a number of people and projects where support has been recently given
- Thurs 25th. to Toggo- visiting both Jovans and family, and Steve’s School
- Fri 26th / Sat 27th Discussions with Steve- travel to Kampala
- Sun 28th m. Speaking at Steve’s church in Kampala
- Tues 30th Departing from Entebbe > Jersey via Heathrow/ Gatwick.
- for safe travel; protection against infection and injury;
for Carol and family back home
- for God’s leading and wisdom as we review the past
and make plans for the future.
Thank you so very much indeed for all your prayers, encouragement and support!
with our love,
Terry Charlton and Steve Trint
on behalf of the Mission Africa Evangelistic Team.